Lakeview College of Nursing uses Merit software from readMedia to publicize student achievements and activities on campus – like making the dean’s list, participating in student government, or winning a scholarship. It creates personalized stories about these accomplishments, publishes them in an online profile, and sends them to hometown newspapers. This makes sure students get credit for the good work they’re doing on campus, which helps with summer jobs, internships, and even job interviews and references after graduation.
Why is Merit important for students?
- Merit helps people who make decisions about internships, grad school, and jobs find the “good stuff” about students, and recognizes their accomplishments with badges that show that they’re authentic.
- A Merit profile creates a positive online identity for post-graduation success. 75% of companies research applicants online, and 70% have rejected applicants based on what they found there.
What types of accomplishments will be included?
- Dean's List
- Lakeview Scholarships
- Lakeview Honor Society
- Pinnacle Honor Society
Can other types of accomplishments be included?
- Yes! While we can only include certain official accomplishments through this process, students will have the ability to add other accomplishments to their profile. They will appear in a different part of the profile, under the heading "Added by student" to differentiate them from the LCN-approved achievements.
- Involvement in on- or off-campus employment, and other achievements can be added by students.
Can I opt out of Merit?
Yes, you may opt out one of two ways.
1. Click the link at the bottom of the email notification you will receive once an achievement is granted.
2. E-mail the Coord. of Recruitment/Marketing with your request.
If you have any questions about how this process works, please email the Coord. of Recruitment/Marketing.