The Higher Learning Commission
A Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (HCA-NCA)
30 North LaSalle Street, Suite 2400
Chicago, IL 60602-2504
Lakeview College of Nursing's Directory Page
The American Association of Colleges of Nursing Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
One Dupont Circle, NW
Suite 530, Washington, D.C. 20036-1120
- Higher Learning Commission, A Commission of the North Central Association (HLC-NCA)
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN)
- National League for Nursing (NLN)
- Federation of Independent Illinois Colleges and Universities
- Council of Higher Education Association (CHEA)
- The Vermilion Advantage
- Illinois Coalition for Nursing Resources (ICNR)
- College and University Professional Association for Human Resources (CUPA-HR)
- Business Officers of Nursing Schools (BONUS)
- National Association of College and University Business Officers (NACUBO)
- Central Association of College and University Business Officers (CACUBO)
- Illinois Association of Colleges of Nursing
- National Student Nurses Association (NSNA)
- Illinois Association for College Admission Counseling (IACAC)
- American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO)
Marketing and Recruitment
- The Illinois Association for College Admission Counselors (IACAC)
- The Indiana Association for College Admission Counselors (IACAC)
- Private Illinois Colleges and Universities (PICU)
- The Illinois Association of Financial Aid Administrators (ILASFAA)
- Heath Science Librarians of Illinois (HSLI)
- Medical Library Association (MLA) which includes the chapter called NAHRS Nursing and Allied Health Resources Section
Lakeview College of Nursing was initially approved by the Illinois Department of Professional Regulation on September 11, 1987.
The initial award of candidacy to Lakeview by the North Central Association in 1989 was a positive catalyst to the development of the baccalaureate institution according to standards for higher education. Most remarkable was the rapid maturation of a free-standing organization that was separated in 1988 from a hospital which had been the parent institution for more than nine decades.
Administrative officers and members of the governing body of Lakeview College of Nursing collaborated diligently to re-define the organizational structure, systems and processes to appropriately reflect the characteristics of an institution of higher education. Faculty and support staff also were involved in activities to promote their understanding of the attributes of baccalaureate education.
Renewal of candidacy was granted in 1991 and 1993. The governing body, faculty, and support staff have continued to commit to the mission and purposes of the institution. The systems of the organization, the physical plant and financial viability, have matured and reflect a sound basis for future growth.
As a result of the March 3-15, 1995 evaluation visit, Lakeview College of Nursing was granted initial accreditation by The North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. The team recommended accreditation for five years. After five years of continued hard work and dedication the College hosted a three-day visit in October 2000. In February 2001 the commission granted continued accreditation to Lakeview College of Nursing for a period of seven years. In 2007, the Higher Learning Commission, a Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, held another site visit and granted the College continued accreditation with the next site visit to be scheduled in the year 2017.
In the spring of 1997 Lakeview College of Nursing completed and submitted a self-study for initial program accreditation by the National League of Nursing (NLN). A site visit was conducted in October of 1997; and in February of 1998 the National League for Nursing Board of Review for Baccalaureate and Higher Degree Programs recommended program accreditation for five years. Initial accreditation is retroactive to the 12-month period prior to the date of the accreditation site visit. In keeping with our mission, the establishment of an off-site BSN program at Eastern Illinois University in Charleston, Illinois began. NLN conducted a focus visit to Lakeview to evaluate the establishment of the branch campus in September of 2000 and NLN reaffirmed the continuing accreditation. Lakeview College of Nursing hosted a site visit in the fall of 2002 and the fall of 2004. Lakeview received continued accreditation from the NLNAC through 2012. At that time the College's Board of Directors decided to keep NLN membership but to no longer seek NLN accreditation as the standard for baccalaureate nursing education is the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
In 1997, Lakeview received preliminary approval from the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), an autonomous arm of the American Association of Colleges of Nursing. Lakeview hosted a four-day site visit in November 2000. In April 2001 the CCNE Board of commissioners determined that all accreditation standards were met and granted accreditation for a term of 10 years, extending to June 30, 2011. CCNE revisited the college for a focused visit in Jan. 2004 and granted continued accreditation to 2011. Following the Fall 2011 visit the CCNE granted 10 years of accreditation through June 30, 2021.
Summer Session 2014 (May 19 - July 28, 2014)
|Registration Closed by 12:00 pm||May 23|
|Memorial Day - College Closed||May 26|
|Summer Classes Begin||May 27|
|Full Refund by 12:00pm||Jun 3|
|Withdraw Deadline by 12:00pm||Jul 3|
|Independence Day - College Closed||Jul 4|
|Final Exams||Jul 28 - Aug 4|
|Summer Semester Grades Due||Aug 4|
|End of Summer Semester||Aug 4|
|Fall Tuition Due||Aug 8|
|Spring Transcripts Due||Aug 8|