The Lakeview College of Nursing Library is committed to being a dynamic center of educational excellence in support of the mission and curriculum of the College. The focus of the Library is to acquire and disseminate accurate, timely clinical and scientific literature to meet the information needs of the students, faculty and staff.
The Lakeview College of Nursing Library aspires to be a gateway to the world of information for the students, faculty and staff of the College, and to facilitate life-long learning.
Scope of Service Policy
The focus of the Library is to support the mission and curriculum of the College. To accomplish this, the Library’s goal is to acquire and disseminate accurate, authoritative and timely clinical, scientific and other literature to meet the information needs of the students, faculty and staff.
Description of Services
- The collection and organization of relevant information resources, including print and non-print.
- The acquisition of nursing, medical, allied health, educational resources.
- The identification of information needs.
- The provision of reference services and/or bibliographic instruction to deliver accurate and relevant literature/documents to students, faculty and staff in a timely manner. Reference service is defined as assisting the user in securing information and insuring the optimum use of information resources through substantive interaction with the user.
- The provision of interlibrary loan services. ILL is defined, as locating and obtaining needed materials that are not owned locally.
- The promotion of Library resources and services.
Implementation of Services
- Print and non-print materials are available to facilitate the information management and dissemination processes.
- Library staff is available to provide reference service, bibliographic instruction and interlibrary loan for all students, faculty and staff. Students needing library support for their academic studies are instructed in utilizing the resources in the Library to do their own searches.
- The Library Staff provides a Table of Contents service to keep faculty aware of current articles in the literature.
- An adjacent computer lab provides access to electronic resources and the Internet.
- The Library budget is prepared annually by the Librarian and reviewed periodically to ensure that the Library is operating within budget and to assess financial needs.
Summer Session 2014 (May 19 - July 28, 2014)
|Registration Closed by 12:00 pm||May 23|
|Memorial Day - College Closed||May 26|
|Summer Classes Begin||May 27|
|Full Refund by 12:00pm||Jun 3|
|Withdraw Deadline by 12:00pm||Jul 3|
|Independence Day - College Closed||Jul 4|
|Final Exams||Jul 28 - Aug 4|
|Summer Semester Grades Due||Aug 4|
|End of Summer Semester||Aug 4|
|Fall Tuition Due||Aug 8|
|Spring Transcripts Due||Aug 8|