Psychological Crisis / Suicide ThreatPsychological Crisis / Suicide Threat jeff Mon, 09/30/2019 - 17:02
In the event of threatening behavior which appears to represent an immediate threat to self or others, contact the Police at 911 and the Dean of Nursing.
When reporting an incident to authorities:
- Provide address and location description.
- Provide the phone number at your location.
- Explain the situation to the dispatcher in detail.
- Describe actions taken (i.e., medication, type, and amount gave), if any.
- Take all statements and behaviors seriously.
- It is better to overreact than to not do enough; a person’s life may be at risk.
- Immediately report your concern that a person may be suicidal. Timeliness in reporting the concern is vital.
- Always keep your own safety in mind.
- People who contemplate or attempt suicide are people whose pain has become more significant than their resources for coping with the pain.
- Engaging the person in professional help to develop their resources for coping is most appropriate.
Contact the LCN Behavior Intervention Team to consult about your concerns: (after-hours call 911)