Skip to main content

Withdrawal from the College

A student may withdraw for academic reasons or serious personal problems.  To withdraw from the College the student must complete a Withdrawal from the College Form obtained from the Registrar's Office.  If a student withdraws from the College by the official withdraw date a “W” will be posted on the student transcript (see SAP).  A student may not withdraw from the College or any courses after the official withdraw date.  Students who have been awarded financial aid must contact the Financial Aid Office prior to officially withdrawing from the College. A return of Title IV funds calculation may be required – refer to Financial Aid Implications (Return of Title IV Funds). All obligations to the College must be cleared at the time of withdrawal.

A student who withdraws from the College and wishes to return at a later time must go through the readmission process. Should a student’s readmission request be accepted, the student will be admitted and accountable to the policies and procedures of the current handbook.

Late Withdrawal

In the case of extreme circumstances where the deadline to withdraw without academic penalty has passed, a student may petition the Dean of Nursing for a late withdrawal from all courses. If granted, the student would receive a grade of “W” for any course not completed in the semester.

Request to Withdraw from Program Due to Military Obligations

For those students wishing to withdraw from the program due to military obligations, a Withdrawal Form must be completed and an official copy of the military orders must be attached and submitted to the Dean of Nursing.