A student who has been academically dismissed or who have withdrawn from the nursing program may apply for readmission. The readmission policy is as follows:
- A student who has been academically dismissed must sit out for one semester (summer included).
- A student is only eligible for readmission if the student is able to complete the program requirements within the required six years.
- A student’s application for readmission may be reviewed by the Admission Committee no more than two (2) times. If readmission is not granted after the second application, the student becomes ineligible for readmission.
- If health concerns were a factor for the student leaving the College, then documentation for the ability to meet the technical standards with or without accommodations to continue in the program must be provided with readmission paperwork.
- A student may only be readmitted once (1) into Lakeview College of Nursing.
- A student repeating a clinical nursing course must repeat both the theory and clinical components of the course.
- A student readmitted into Lakeview College of Nursing is required to meet the readmission course progression requirements. Any LCN courses that are being repeated due to a previous failure or withdrawal must be passed with a 77% or higher, except N311: Foundations of Professional Practice that must be passed with at least 85% to remain in the program, a student cannot withdraw or fail any course in which he/she has been previously enrolled.
- A readmitted student is allowed to withdraw from one class that has not previously been taken. The remainder of the coursework must be passed with a 77% or higher with the except N311 Foundations of Professional Practice, which must be passed with at least an 85% and must follow the guidelines included within the Student Academic Progression (SAP) policy.
- Must meet graduation requirements at the time of graduation.
Note: Military students who have had to withdraw from a course(s) due to military obligations are exempt from the Readmission Policy.
In order to be considered for readmission, a student must meet the following readmission criteria:
- Minimum cumulative LCN GPA of a 2.00 on a 4.0 scale (students that did not progress past the first semester are excluded from this criteria).
- Must be able to meet the standards as outlined in the Student Academic Progression Policy in order to maintain enrollment and graduate and meet all graduation eligibility.
- Documentation of remediation strategies to ensure success upon return.
- Must apply for readmission within two calendar years of leaving the College.
Steps for Readmission
A student seeking readmission who has been academically dismissed or who has withdrawn from the Nursing Program must submit the required documents to the Director of Enrollment.
The following items will be required when applying for readmission:
A completed readmission application form.
A letter addressed to the Admissions Committee requesting readmission with the following points: Description of the reason(s) for being dismissed or withdrawn from the program;
Identify the behaviors for the dismissal or withdrawal;
Steps the student took during the period of absence to prepare her/himself to return to the program;
Plan for the implementation of changes that will promote success.
Release of "I understand that this form and the information contained within it, once submitted to Lakeview College of Nursing, is considered confidential, and I waive my right to review it" form.
Payment of readmission fee
The student will be emailed the date to meet with the Admission Committee. It is the responsibility of the student to ensure LCN has the correct contact information.
Readmission into the College will be dependent upon the availability of clinical space. If the number of applicants exceeds available space, applicants may be deferred to a subsequent semester. Readmission to the College is not guaranteed. The decision of the Readmission Committee cannot be appealed.
Approval of a readmitted student is considered an appeal approval for Federal/State student aid in regards to the student's Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) status.
Readmitted students will be required to update their criminal background check and drug screen by the due date for health records. If readmitted, requirements will be provided at the time of the committee's decision.
Transfer Credit from Lakeview College of Nursing
Transfer of credit from Lakeview College of Nursing to other institutions is dependent upon policies and procedures of the receiving institution. Lakeview College of Nursing cannot guarantee acceptance of transfer credit or equivalency of transferred credit in other institutions.