Click on your institution to find the checklist of coursework that will transfer into Lakeview's program.
- City Colleges of Chicago (Harold Washington, Harry S. Truman, Kennedy-King, Malcolm X, Olive-Harvey, Richard J Daley, Wilburt Wright)
- College of DuPage
- College of Lake County
- Danville Area Community College
- Eastern Illinois University
- Heartland Community College
- Illinois Central College
- Illinois Eastern Community Colleges (Lincoln Trail, Frontier College, Wabash College, Olney Central College)
- Illinois Valley Community College
- John A. Logan Community College
- Joliet Junior College
- Kankakee Community College
- Kaskaskia Community College
- Lake Land College
- Lewis & Clark Community College
- Lincoln College (Lincoln Campus)
- Lincoln Land Community College
- McHenry County College
- Moraine Valley Community College
- Oakton Community College
- Parkland College
- Prairie State College
- Rend Lake College
- Richland Community College
- South Suburban College
- Southwestern Illinois College
- Waubonsee Community College
While we are not able to provide checklists for every institution, we can still verify the transfer of completed coursework through a free transcript evaluation. Please don't hesitate to contact a recruiter and continue to check back for an updated list of institutions.
Science Course Time Limit
Prerequisite science courses needed for the nursing program (Anatomy and Physiology I & II, Chemistry I & II, and Microbiology) MUST be taken no more than 5 years prior to the start of the nursing program. Courses taken prior to the 5 year time limit must be repeated. This rule applies to basic nursing students only; RN-BSN students will be exempt.
Proficiency Examinations for General Education/Prerequisites
The Director of Enrollment in consultation with the Dean of Nursing will determine whether general education/prerequisite courses meet LCN's requirements. Applicants may wish to proficiency or CLEP coursework taken prior to the 5 year cutoff for the sciences (Chemistry I and/or II, Anatomy and Physiology I & II, and Microbiology). The College does offer proficiency examination for these courses if taken after 5 years. For more information regarding the costs of these exams, please check out this link.