Skip to main content

Gas Leaks / Fumes / Vapors

If you detect natural gas or toxic/noxious material (fumes or vapors):

  • Do not pull fire alarms.
  • Do not touch light switches or electrical equipment.
  • Contact emergency services/ Police by calling 911 (8-911 from a College telephone).
  • Clear the area immediately if instructed to do so by emergency dispatcher.
  • Alert others to stay clear of the area.
  • Remain upwind of source.
  • Provide your location and the location of the odor to dispatcher.
  • Provide as many details as possible to dispatcher.
  • If evacuation occurs, do not re-enter the building until authorized to do so by emergency personnel