If you detect natural gas or toxic/noxious material (fumes or vapors):
- Do not pull fire alarms.
- Do not touch light switches or electrical equipment.
- Contact emergency services/ Police by calling 911 (8-911 from a College telephone).
- Clear the area immediately if instructed to do so by emergency dispatcher.
- Alert others to stay clear of the area.
- Remain upwind of source.
- Provide your location and the location of the odor to dispatcher.
- Provide as many details as possible to dispatcher.
- If evacuation occurs, do not re-enter the building until authorized to do so by emergency personnel