Health records are mandatory for all students. A copy of the following physical/immunization records are required to be on file by 12 noon the Friday of the second week of class. Students will be dropped from all clinical courses if not submitted by the stated deadline. Students should make a copy of all health records as there will be a $5 fee for any copies made by Lakeview after submission.
- Current Physical Examination (To rule out infections or contagious disease) within the last year
- Tetanus Booster (Tdap) – Current within the last 10 years.
- Hepatitis B Titer
If non-immune to Hep B, series of immunizations must be started or a declination waiver must be signed. You can obtain a waiver from Lakeview Colege of Nrusing. You must submit documentation of each shot as you receive.
- Influenza Vaccine
- 1 Varicella Titer – Required even if you have been vaccinated or had the disease in the past.
If titer indicates low or no immunity, two boosters of Varicella vaccine 4 weeks apart followed by a titer 4-6 weeks after second booster shot is required. You must sumit documentation of each booster and titer.
- 1 MMR Titer – A titer for Measles, Mumps and Rubella are required even if you have been vaccinated in the past.
If titer indicates low or no immunity, two boosters of MMR vaccine 4 weeks apart followed by a titer 4-6 weeks after second booster shot is required. You must sumit documentation of each booster and titer.
- TB Quantiferon
- 10 Panel Urine Drug Screen
- Current CPR Card – Only two courses accepted are: The American Heart Association-BLS Healthcare Provider –OR– The American Red Cross-CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers and Health Care Providers.
- Proff of Meningococcal vaccines
- Hepatitis A is highly recommended due to the high at-risk population and occupation (CDC, 2011), but is not required.
Additional information regarding health requirements is provided within admission packet.